Skip Navigation
This table is used for column layout.

Images change every 5 seconds. ()
The Municipal Light Plant (“MLP”) has completed the installation of its 50-kilowatt photovoltaic system.  The MLP team led by the Engineering Department and Business Manager Debra J. Healy had all 286 solar panels installed by the end of September 2010.  Ostrow Electric Company, completed the wiring to the inverter which converts the electricity generated from direct current to alternating current.  The photovoltaic system began generating electricity in October 2010.

To see how much electricity the system is generating visit this link This link will show you energy generated today and since the system has been installed. It also shows the CO2 emission offset.
The total cost of this project is $260,000.  The MLP and Board of Selectmen, with a great deal of assistance from Representative Peisch and the Green Ribbon Study Committee, was able to secure a $150,000 grant from the Department of Energy Resources to offset almost 60% of the installation costs.  The remaining 40% will be included within the MLP’s renewable energy power supply portfolio.  The MLP currently has 634 residents participating in its Voluntary Renewable Energy program, placing Wellesley in the top 10% of the Country as a percentage of customers participating and supporting a voluntary renewable energy program.

Wellesley Town Hall  525 Washington St., Wellesley, MA 02482
Phone: (781) 431-1019
Home    Meeting Calendar    Contact Us    Policies    Virtual Towns & Schools Website