Permits for garage/yard sales, flea markets, rummage sales, and estate sales are issued by the Board of Selectmen as authorized in the Town Bylaws (Article 49.21).
Persons interested in obtaining permits to hold any of the above types of sales should make application in person and/or in writing to the Selectmen's Office. Such sales are subject to the following conditions:
* A fee of $5 for for first garage/yard sale and $25 for each sale thereafter within a calendar year.
* A fee of $15 for flea markets or rummage sales.
* A fee of $20 for an estate sale.
* All material available for the sale shall originate from the premises on which the sale takes place.
* No sign or advertising device shall be placed within any street right-of-way, including free standing signs, or any sign affixed to street signs, traffic and regulatory or warning signs or any utility poles within such right of way. No such sign or advertising device shall be placed on any public tree.
* Any authorized sign may be displayed on the premises for not more than five (5) days
* No person customarily engaged in the business of conducting garage sales shall participate in any way in a garage sale directly or indirectly unless said garage sale is conducted on said persons's own property and then, only providing none of the material is brought in from outside sources for purpose of resale.
* Such sale shall not exceed two (2) days duration
For further information please contact the Selectmen's Office at (781) 431-1019, extension 2201.